Elforyn is a high-grade raw material for the manufacture of components and works of art with a character and appearance similar to ivory.
Elforyn consists of a mixture of different mineral base materials, compounded with a light resistant resin component to provide permanent colour stability, no yellowing.
The essential characteristics of elforyn are:
- excellent mechanical machinability i.e. for drilling, milling, grinding and polishing,
- minimum breakage risk due to high coefficient of elasticity and high elongation,
- high-quality surface due to high surface hardness and minimal abrasion losses,
- resistant to all conventional substances such as cleaning agents, oils, greases, weak / medium acids and bases,
- very low water absorption (hydrolysis resistant),
- possibility of thermal moulding in boiling water,
- can be polished or lacquer coated to manufacture polished or matt surfaces,
- can create light-transparent and fluorescent effects,
- pleasant to the touch due to good thermal properties.
Each sheet supplied is 8mm x 50mm x 305mm